Drinking plenty of water and avoiding alcohol during that time can help increase your chances of passing a urine test. However, there is no guaranteed way to flush alcohol out of your urine quickly. Just because someone is a member of your family does not automatically make them part of your support system. This statistic can be used to emphasize the effectiveness of peer support in recovery.
But focusing on those discouraging thoughts only prevent you from moving forward. Words of encouragement for sobriety are a great way to maintain commitment, but the first step lies in finding the help you need. One of the most beautiful gifts that recovery gives us is the ability to help others achieve the same.
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. – Robert Collier
This quote reminds us that as humans, we all fall down sometimes and experience failure. Making the decision to participate in a recovery program in itself is a perfect example of how a person can rebound https://ecosoberhouse.com/article/10-useful-sobriety-sayings-that-can-help/ from a fall. Yet, even when a person gets sober, they will likely struggle with failure. Comparing one’s progress in recovery to that of others will only distract you from improving your life.
- This may mean digging up painful memories and addressing issues you or your loved one have tried to avoid for a long time.
- It is not through lack of trying or want but rather as a result of factors surrounding the everyday life of someone struggling with recovery.
- However, for those of us in addiction recovery we can wholeheartedly say it is worth it.
- However, if you look at these struggles as evidence of failure, it will be much harder to remain committed to your recovery.
- For example, if you suffer from anxiety, maybe drugs and alcohol helped to quiet those anxious, self-deprecating thoughts.
This decision often comes about because of an addiction that is negatively affecting their lives. This statistic can be used to provide hope and motivation to those in early recovery. The Recovery Village offers a variety of free resources to those in recovery, including free online meetings and chat rooms. You know, and I get to help them find that happiness within that connection within that content within and all those positive things that they came to treatment to look for. Tell me this is not exactly how you’ve felt waking up from a hangover before!
Original Satifying Staying Sober Quotes
Sometimes we know why we are feeling a certain way, other times there seems to be no apparent reason. For those of you that are partial to the odd quote about addiction recovery, you may want to read on to see if we have included yours amongst our favourites. Keep a gratitude journal and write a list of blessings that have come from getting and staying sober.
In codependent relationships, the addict’s needs are prioritized over those of the other partner. That partner may take on the addict’s problems, attempting to keep them safe, cleaning up their messes, providing them with financial support, and bailing them out of legal situations. However, in reality they are enabling the addict’s behaviors by removing the consequences of their actions. I’ve seen the amazing depths of the world because I’ve quit drinking.
Sobriety Quotes to Keep You Motivated
I definitely feel like my life is unfolding in new ways and that I’m building a new foundation to stand, and thrive, on. I watched an interview recently with Jamie Lee Curtis and Colin Farrell, where she was talking about how staying sober will be her greatest legacy. I think she is such a badass and I, too, feel like sobriety has been the great accomplishment of my life, and I’m only nine months in. Our goal is to provide you with all the tools necessary to find joy and purpose in sobriety. If you or a loved one is ready for this life, reach out to a member of our admissions team today. Let our team in Statesboro, GA, affirm your right to live fully.
- We’re here 24/7 to help you get the care you need to live life on your terms, without drugs or alcohol.
- I definitely feel like my life is unfolding in new ways and that I’m building a new foundation to stand, and thrive, on.
- The following are some of the daily affirmations that stand out the most to me, and that are applicable in day-to-day life, not just sobriety.
- I have found that reading inspirational sobriety quotes from others who have been through it has been immensely helpful.
I love this inspirational sobriety quote from Mary Karr because I know that it absolutely describes me. You’ll hear this one a lot when people explain why they got sober. Being sick and tired is draining, and if that is how alcohol makes you feel, you probably have a problem. Normal drinkers don’t get sick and tired on a regular, almost normal, basis.
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
These calls are offered at no cost to you and with no obligation to enter into treatment. Neither this site nor anyone who answers the call receives a commission or fee dependent upon which treatment provider a visitor may ultimately choose. Wirth at the Arkansas Department of Correction’s Wrightsville Unit, alternates between recounting the drug’s history and serving as a cautionary tale.
- Recovery presents its own challenge, mostly because there is no obvious finish line.
- Try and recognize their accomplishments, no matter how small rather than focus on the negative.
- Sobirety quotes are a great way to start your day in recovery.
- Some days you may struggle and feel as though your partner is not making as much headway as you would like.
Treatment programs like Liberty Ranch’s helps participants manage and address their underlying conditions in healthier, more productive ways. Moreover, treatment helps clients deconstruct current ways of thinking and learn healthier ways to respond to difficulties, while providing structure and support. Giving up drugs and alcohol is one of the most difficult things a person can do when they are physically and emotionally dependent on substances. However, recovery is about much more than just getting clean and sober. In recovery, participants work to develop personal capacities, build life skills and confront challenges head on. Each day in recovery, one’s commitment and capacities are tested.
About the Author
Your breakthrough is coming and all the work you’re doing now is preparing you to receive it. This statistic can be used to emphasize the urgency of addressing substance abuse and promoting sobriety. If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
What is the sobriety slogan?
“Take What You Like and Leave the Rest” This slogan is used to remind people that addiction recovery is not identical for everyone.